Horseman‘s One Step® easy-to-use cream, cleans and conditions at the same time. It penetrates leather to release deep-down dirt and sweat, gently lifting it away, while the lanolin-rich formula also conditions and preserves to keep leather soft and pliable. This unique cream conditioner leaves a beautiful satin sheen with no sticky residue, all in one easy step. Cleans and conditions leather with no sticky residue Rich lanolin penetrates to recondition dry, cracked leather.
Total Impact Equestrian say... This is the best cleaner on the market in our opinion, it will renovate tack to look like new!
Tack cleaning tips
As it says on the pot, it cleans and conditions in one easy step - great either at home or when travelling to shows.
Here are some tips to help you keep tack in tip top condition:
- Clean and check tack at least every two weeks - check the stitching and the leather for cracks and wearing thin.
- Get saddles checked at least once a year and after a fall, just in case the tree has been damaged.
- Clean mud and sweat off leatherwork as soon as possible, leaving dirt on leather will not do it any good.
- Use Horseman's One Step to wipe away dirt and sweat in one easy step, ;eaving the leather soft and conditioned. It requires no water, just a damp sponge to work Horseman's One Step over the leather. Three cleaning agents remove dirt, sweat and salt while helping to restore a natural shine. Its great for use on saddles, bridles, boots, belts, luggage, shoes, handbags and most leather garments - in fact just about anything leather! It penetrates quickly, leaving no greasy residue and it will not darken most leathers.
- Undo buckles and billets to clean thoroughly - these are the most vulnerable areas and the leather needs to be cleaned and checked.
- To remove jockeys (the build up of grease and dirt) a traditional method is to rub them with a ball of mane or tail hair. Alternatively, use a damp sponge and Horseman's One Step and work in a circular motion.
- Finally for really sparkling bits and stirrup irons, put them in the dishwasher - it really does work.
Horseman's One Step is a convenient, one-step leather cleansing and conditioning cream that leaves a beautiful satin sheen with no greasy residue.